Blog background

Friday 24 January 2014

Home chic home weekly blog

I have decided every week I will post one room in my house taking pictures and putting them on my blog! So this week is my shabby chic kitchen, I spend the most time there (cleaning it) lol and it's the place that resembles me the most it has my sons art work,beautiful  vintage pieces delicious recipes, my shabby chic things pretty things all over, Bunting, clever words, cakes, bakes,sweets and treats. Something is always in the oven! I just love my kitchen!

My pretty pastel things and love lots of sunlight coming in! I love retro signage and sayings there all over our home! I love pretty things and clever words!


The theme is even with the cat bowls! I love aprons I enjoy making them there is a pretty blue one hanging up it reads :time for tea?  With a Kistch china cup on it.
What's really special is the wicker basket it was my mothers and she used to carry what she made at school in cookery class home in it, when I went to School I did the same and one day my daughter will too! 
 My rocking chair, this  chair is so special to me! 
I actually salvaged this from being chopped up by someone who just simply didn't want it any more! My husband was driving i was like "what is that guy doing? STOP, STOP!" luckily he did! We shoved it in our car and took it home! But What a waste it would have been! His wife just didn't want it anymore it was her baby nursing chair and they got another new one! Are there really people like that?

During the day I love rocking in my chair, I often read a quiet novel there and soak up the natural light I have pictures of friends and family in the heart wire frame on the wall 
it's a special spot and my husband is drawn to it also as every evening as Im serving dinner on the stove my husband sits there and tells me about his day. 


By the back door to the garden I have shabby chic wind chimes on the other side




No comments:

Post a Comment