Blog background

Tuesday 14 January 2014

Bitter Sweet Tea

My beautiful English fine bone china teacups are selling :) and fast I guess they're perfect for spring, summer and autumn weddings but it is bittersweet to see my hard work go! How sentimental am i?

I looks at hours at craft fairs, charity shops, flea markets, cattle markets auction rooms  to find British teacups and matching China sets! 
 and make flowers with satin and Dupion silk and add beautiful broaches bubbles and buttons to them ; all vintage, so a lot of love and patience goes into that empty tea cup!
I haven't really seen anybody do what I do with the teacups and I googled it being day and everything before I started Making them last year. I have seen people use teacups and put a candle in them or fresh flowers but never handmade flowers filling in teacup that they last forever and not just for your wedding day they are mantelpiece perfect afterwards in fact I'm sure that's what there being brought for! :)
I would use them in that way too, they match my interior design!


No comments:

Post a Comment